Monday, June 20, 2011

Factors Affecting Electron Affinity

The various factors which influence the electron affinity can be explained under following heads:-
1.  NUCLEAR CHARGE
Greater the nuclear charge, greater will be the attraction for the incoming electron and as a result larger will be the value of electron affinity.
2.  ATOMIC SIZE
Larger the size of an atom, larger will be the distance between the nucleus and the incoming electron. Thus, smaller will be force of attraction felt by incoming electron and hence smaller will be the value of Electron affinity.
3.  ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION
Stable the configuration of an atom, lesser will be its tendency to accept an electron and hence lower the value of its electron affinity.

7 comments:

  1. I am replacement Electronic item is Storage heater replacement .He is very carefully this item is change and no problem's .He is very good quality .This is a very nice blog. I hope I can make a blog like you. I amazed with the blog yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've a question to ask??I saw in another blog that mirroring too affect the en.affinity. What is mirroring?? Help me plzz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about real estate. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information. Business it solutions adelaide Do you need assistance with setting up your business IT support,Business it solutions Adelaide ,Business server software .

    ReplyDelete